Spring – Summer 2017
“Rhythm & Blends”
Here are my favorite looks from Sita Murt’s SS17 collection! Sita Murt was a Catalan fashion designer that created a fashion label focused on soft and sensual fabrics. Her SS17 lookbook was showcased last night during the second day of Barcelona Fashion Week. As usual there were a variety of textured fabrics that included knit, thin crepe cotton, and linen. The predominant colors were indigo blue, water blue, turmeric ochre, goji red and a citric touch which overruns our most natural tones as white, ecru and linen. Overall every outfit looked relaxed, delicate and with an emphasis placed on providing comfort for the modern woman. Enjoy!
[Click on ‘Continue Reading’ to see more looks]
When talking about fashion trends that never go out of style – minimalism is definitely one of them. A sleek casual black dress lays the groundwork for this type of trend. The color ‘black’ is one of the common choices for the minimalist because it helps in creating a timeless look that you can repeat over an over. A minimal aesthetic is always refreshing – as are simple shapes and clean lines. For today’s post I chose one basic and functional fashion item that I love for the summer. Take a look below at all the reasons for why having one (or two!) casual black long dresses in your closet is always a good idea!
TEN REASONS FOR A BLACK MAXI DRESS:
- DAYTIME TO NIGHTTIME – switch from nude to black heels and you are ready to go out in less than a minute!
- MAXIMUM COMFORT – loose and light to wear
- ‘BLACK’ SLIMS YOU DOWN – the color black elongates and makes you appear thinner
- EASY TO DRESS IT UP – wrap a sparkly shawl around your shoulders or a jacket
- PERFECT FOR HOT WEATHER – allows your body to breathe during high temperatures
- NO NEED TO MATCH IT – toss it on, zero time required to put together an outfit
- FEMININE – maxi dresses are ladylike and flirty
- EASY MAINTENANCE – most are wrinkly free (super important!) & machine washable
- EFFORTLESS STYLE – casual yet trendy & sleek
- AFFORDABLE – available at any price range
Treat yourself to this minimalist essential, then skip the accessories and opt for a clean look. Remember that Less is More! Otherwise wear it with barely-there bracelets, necklaces, or earrings. And as usual, wear the dress with confidence! Feel free to share your thoughts, xo!
SCROLL BELOW TO SHOP THE LOOK