Red, White & Blue!
Sharing a patriotic dessert that will surely be a hit for the 4th of July this summer! For me, the best desserts have fresh fruits on top or a creamy center, and if you can have both, even better!
Strawberries, blueberries, creme cheese, lemon curd, and of course, lots of cute stars.
If you are looking for a colorful dessert that will be enjoyed by many, I’ve got the perfect 4th of July dessert for you.
- 3 Pillsbury pie crusts (from 2 boxes)
- 2 packages (8 oz each) of cream cheese (450 g)
- 10 oz lemon curd (300 g)
- 11 oz blueberries (312 g)
- 16 oz strawberries (454 g)
- Heat oven to 450 F (230 C). Roll two pie crusts, fit into the pan, and press into corners. Fold crust over edges. Bake 10-12 min until golden. Cool for 30 min.
- Roll another pie crust, and cut stars out of it using this cookie cutter. Brush each start with water, and sprinkle a bit of sugar on top. Bake for 5-7 min until golden. Cool for 15 min.
- LARGE BOWL: mix cream cheese and lemon curd with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Spread the mixture evenly on top of the pie crust. Refrigerate for 30 min.
- Either mix the fruits together with strawberry glaze or arrange them on top of the pie as I did.
- Place the pie crust stars on top of the fruit.
- Serve and enjoy!
To make this 4th of July dessert you will need:
What are your plans for the 4th of July?!
SHOP THE POST
MORE DESSERTS TO TRY:
- Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Banana Bread with Sour Cream
- Banana Bran Muffins
- Pasta Frola